The Fundamentals of Collection Development and Management addresses the basic components of these important areas of responsibility in libraries.
- What collection development and management are Collections policies and budgets as part of library planning
- Collection development (selecting for and building collections)
- Collection management (e.g., making decisions after materials are selected, including decisions about withdrawal, transfer, preservation, etc.)
- Collection analysis--why and how to do it
- Outreach, liaison, and marketing
- Trends and some suggestions about the future for collection development and management